a proud day for Unificationists

it was snowing outside too

sometimes we tend to put ourselves down as a movement but when you participate in a blessing event you can only feel pride for True Parents, the movement, and our community.

Just being at the resort the last few days with all the 2nd Gen couples getting ready for their big day and being at the ceremony, has left me feeling so uplifted and moved. The couples looked simply beautiful getting ready this morning. It’s a beauty that is more than ‘on the surface’, but radiates from deep within.

Seeing some of the guys with their fiances, reminded me of that special feeling I first had with Chieko when we got married and blessed, and how sure I could feel about her and our future. Just sensing the quality of the person one has decided to share one’s life with brings so much peace to the heart. And I still get that feeling every time I wake up or go into the kitchen or get into the car with her. That quality hasn’t changed, just matured and become more beautiful.

Anyhow, enough reminiscing.

I have been over here in Korea with a production company who are working on a documentary about the blessing. I don’t think it has ever been documented in quite this way with such an in depth look at the engagement process and the experience of the couples on the day of their ceremony. The camera man and sound man told me the interview they did with Naomi Davies was one of the best they experienced, describing it as natural and sincere:

Naomi and Kazuhiro also danced on stage in front of True Parents with 4 other couples having been given one evening to practice their moves. They were all amazing.

the night before...

....and after

Here is the Today prog. on radio 4 reporting on Blessing2012 (you will need to turn up the volume):

They took some of 43LG Ustream content so Chris and the band just went nationwide for about 4 seconds….

We’ll work on that time frame.

and here is the longer written article by the same journalist, Robert Pigott, the BBC religious correspondent, with some nice pictures of Daniel Politt and his wife Dawn and my family.

And the confetti:

Profile photo of simoncooper

About simoncooper

working at 43LG church community in West London

8 Responses to a proud day for Unificationists

1. Musikdude T. March 24, 2012 at 10:43 am #

Cool stuff 🙂

2. Hunki Nauser March 24, 2012 at 12:38 pm #

Wow sweet love the documentary!!!

3. Shee Kim Lim March 24, 2012 at 1:46 pm #

Thank You! God and True Parents(the Rev. and Mrs. Moon) and Simon for these news!
    I’m the proud and happy mom here; of Lisa Gomez!
    It’s a JOY unexplicable to see our kids Happy and ready to take up responsibility!
    While Lisa is busy with her blessing, I was too, here in Argentina with another couple;
    my guest and her boyfriend receiving theirs!
    Couldn’t wait to get up to look for news of Lisa and saw these! (because in Argentina we started at 10pm. and finished about 2am 23rd March)
    Only God and TPs make this possible! Aju!

4. Profile photo of Matthew Huish
    Matthew Huish March 24, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

Top blog, Simon. This really is one of your strengths! Thanks for sharing the magic of the moment with us all.

5. Profile photo of Stefan
    Stefan March 24, 2012 at 8:53 pm #

thanks for keeping us all in the loop 🙂 always enjoy your posts, keep them coming !

6. Karen Grant March 25, 2012 at 9:46 am #

Thanks, Simon, what an inspiration.

7. Emiko Cohn March 26, 2012 at 5:42 am #

Yes I agree your comment for blessing! Whenever I saw blessing ceremony I feel hope for all human kind. Thank you for our true parents and our physical parents and friends.

8. Profile photo of Barbara van Praag Sigaar
    Barbara van Praag March 27, 2012 at 9:55 pm #

Thank you Simon….. everything made my spirit so happy… what an exciting time for so many second gens.and others. The fortitude and sacrifice of our Beloved True Parents can be seen by all the results that extend in ever expanding circles to cover the globe. GOD’S RICHEST BLESSINGS
    LOVE YOU ALL